The trend towards healthier living and the Welsh Government’s commitment to fund more pharmacy services presented Evans Pharmacy with an ideal opportunity to review its brand position and establish a more integrated marketing strategy.
Aware of increased competition, regulation and technological developments, the ten-branch multiple was keen to establish itself as the preferred first port of call for health-related enquiries in its communities and maintain a consistently high reputation across the chain.
Glew carried out a comprehensive market and marketing audit with Evans Pharmacy to gain a deeper understanding of their goals, marketing environment and target audiences. This exercise culminated in several internal communications resources including a brand pyramid and customer personas.
The insights of the audit were used to define the marketing strategies that would be most effective in increasing footfall and uptake of their income-generating pharmacy services. All recommendations needed to be feasible within the bounds of staff time and data protection.
“Glew’s excellent grasp of our business model very quickly led to a focused assessment of our needs and ultimately a plan of action that was easy for us to visualise and work with. We were very happy with the outcomes and the plans to help us progress things in the future.” Mo Nazemi, CEO
Glew implemented a significant number of the strategic recommendations:
- Utilising Evans’ existing ‘character’ designs in a range of targeted marketing communications
- Refreshing the web presence and developing content
- Producing a series of service-specific flyers and in-screen advertisements
- Designing a number of social media templates
- Consolidating Evans’ 11 Facebook pages and setting up Facebook ads
- Designing two seasonal campaigns to promote the flu vaccinations and smoking cessation service and providing internal guidance to support implementation
- Script-writing for radio advertisements